Hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, carbon, sulfur, and phosphorus normally makeup more
than 99% of the mass of living cells.
- Ninety-nine percent of the molecules inside living cells are water molecules.
- Cells normally contain more protein than DNA.
- Homogenous polymers are non-informational.
- All non-essential lipids can be generated from acetyl-CoA.
- Like certain amino acids and unsaturated fatty acids, various inorganic elements are dietarily "essential".
- Most all diseases in animals are manifestations of abnormalities in biomolecules, chemical reactions, or biochemical pathways.